How to Obtain a CCC Marking
Indicate whether your product needs a CCC Certification
There are 24 directives that must have CCC Certification.
*NOTE: Products marked with (A) do not require CCC markings, however, you may obtain a “voluntary certification” to assure that your product is in compliance with Chinese regulations. All products marked with (B) have to apply for a CCC Self-Declaration certificate.
The categories are as follows:
- Electrical wires and cables (A)
- Circuit switches, electric devices for protection or connection (B)
- Low-voltage Electrical Apparatus (B)
- Low power motors (B)
- Electric tools (A & B)
- Welding machines (A & B)
- Household and similar electrical appliances (B)
- Audio and video apparatus (not including the audio apparatus for broadcasting service and automobiles) (A & B)
- Information technology equipments
- Lighting apparatus (not including the lighting apparatus with the voltage lower than 36V)
- Telecommunication Terminal equipment (A)
- Motor Vehicles
- Motor Vehicle Tires
- Safety Glasses (A & B)
- Agricultural Machinery
- Latex Products
- Medical Devices
- Fire Fighting Equipment
- Safety Protection Products
- Home Decor and Remodeling Products
- Safety Parts and Accessories of Vehicles and Motorcycles (A & B)
- Toy Products
- IT Products (B)
You must submit the following information to
- Application and Factory Questionnaire- used for initial factory inspection
- Product Description- include material lists, photos, EMC reports, warning labels, etc.
An accredited Chinese laboratory is assigned to perform sample testing of your products.
The same Chinese inspectors conduct factory inspections on every factory that makes any part for the final exported product. This is done to make sure that these companies operate according to Chinese standards.
Chinese authorities review the testing results and that of the factory inspection to determine if the CCC license should be granted.
CCC Marking Given
If granted, the CCC marking is affixed to the product.
The manufacturing facility gets inspected every 12-18 months to make sure that the exporter complies with Chinese standards.