To effectively prepare your Amazon shipments, make sure you have the following materials:
- Product and shipment prep work station
- Copies of the Amazon “Prep Matrix”
- Copies of the Amazon “Shipping Matrix”
- “Ready to Ship” label
- “Sold as set” label
- Unique Amazon barcodes
- Paper for packing slips
- A measuring tape
- Dunnage or packing materials
- A printer
- A scale
- Opaque bags (only used for adult products)
- Bubble wrap
*** Items that require additional preparation or barcodes upon arriving at fulfillment centers may be delayed and subject to additional charges for unplanned service.
Amazon FBA: Shipment Checklist
- Create your online shipment → then make sure that you have completed the inventory requirements for the physical shipment.
- Make sure your products are properly packed and prepped, in accordance with Amazon’s “How to Prep” guidelines.
- Make sure that boxes with multiple standard-sized items do not exceed 25’’ on any side.
- Make sure that boxes with multiple standard-sized items do not exceed the weight of 50lbs. Boxes that contain a single item may exceed 50lbs.
- Make sure that boxes containing a single oversize item weighing more than 50lbs have a “Team Lift” safety note attached to all sides of the box.
- Make sure that boxes containing a single oversize item weighing more than 100lbs, have a “Mechanical Lift” safety note attached to all sides of the box.
Using Packing Materials
Make sure that the dunnage or packing materials that you’re using are approved by Amazon.
All of your shipping labels must include:
- A shipment ID
- A scannable barcode
- Origin (ship-from) address
- Destination (ship-to) address
- Make sure that your products have proper barcode labels
- Your product must have a specific barcode printed on it - UPC, EAN, ISBN, JAN, or GTIN
*** If your products do not have these types of barcodes, you are responsible for labeling them with barcodes generated by Amazon on the Seller Portal.
When shipping small parcels, make sure that your box has two labels per box. One will be for FBA and the other will be for shipping.
- Place these labels on the side, allowing 25” if space from the edge of the box, so the label doesn’t get damaged during transport.
- Do not place the labels of small parcel boxes at the top, the seams, edges, or corners of the box.
When shipping truckloads, there are four FBA shipping labels, each one to be placed at the top-center of each of the four sides of the pallet.
Are you interested in making your Amazon shipment with Freight Right?
To start, please provide the following information in your quote request!
- Required Information for Quoting
- Incoterms with your supplier (EXW, FOB, etc)
- Factory address
- Delivery address (If delivering to Amazon FBA, please provide the 4-digit Facility Code)
- Description of goods (Include HS Code if available)
- Value of goods
- Advise if you have imported to the United States before
- Do you have a continuous customs bond?
- How often do you import to the U.S.?
- How often do you plan to import in the next year?