Small Parcels: Packing the Shipment
When creating a small parcel shipment to deliver to Amazon FBA, make sure to use appropriate boxes and packaging before shipping them off.
- Use an unused, sturdy box to pack your items. A standard box is not recommended as its inner packing used for LTL or FTL pallet shipments may not be able to handle the constant movement during standard shipping.
*** In the case that a recycled box is used and the units are damaged during small parcel delivery, the shipper will be responsible for the damaged units.
Small Parcels: Box Labels
- A set of unique labels must be printed for each shipment. You cannot photocopy, modify, or reuse any labels to use on additional boxes.
- All small parcel boxes must contain shipment labels, without other messages/notes.
- If you are reusing boxes from previous shipments, be sure to remove all previous labeling for clarity.
- The labels must be placed in a visible area on the box (i.e. on top of the box, or on the side of the box). Amazon always prefers side labels.
- Never place the labels on the seam of the box as they can easily get damaged, which will make the barcodes unscannable.
- If possible, place the shipment labels about 1.25” from all edges of the box (centered).
- Do not tape over the shipment labels.
Small Parcels: Additional Requirements
When shipping with one of Amazon’s partnered carriers, be sure to provide accurate dimensional data for each of the boxes. These dimensions are typically used to calculate dimensional weight, which is used to determine fees if it exceeds the actual weight of the box.
Required Information for Quoting
- Incoterms with your supplier (EXW, FOB, etc)
- Factory address
- Delivery address (If delivering to Amazon FBA, please provide the 4-digit Facility Code)
- Description of goods (Include HS Code if available)
- Value of goods
- Advise if you have imported to the United States before
- Do you have a continuous customs bond?
- How often do you import to the U.S.?
- How often do you plan to import in the next year?
Small Parcels: Carrier Notes
- Carries must be registered with Amazon to be able to make delivery appointments and deliveries into Amazon’s fulfillment centers.
- Amazon does not accept deliveries from the general public, so only professional carriers can deliver to Amazon’s fulfillment centers.
- The carrier must follow Amazon’s delivery requirements and adhere to safety standards.
- Delivery appointments must be scheduled through Amazon’s Carrier Central website.