How to transport from a foreign factory to a warehouse abroad
Pack The Goods:
When shipping to overseas locations, many shippers don’t realize the conditions that their cargo goes through in the process. Here are some things to look out for:
- Put all of your goods in safe, reliable, and secure packaging for the type of commodity you’re shipping.
- Use strong, rigid boxes with flaps intact.
- Remove all unnecessary materials from the boxes- previous labels, hazardous materials, etc.
- Wrap fragile goods in bubble wrap, cushioning; fill the box with foam peanuts.
- Use strong tape designed for shipping.
- Use sturdy pallets made of wood
- Use steel or poly strapping.
- Label each box and pallet in your shipment.
Deal with Export Customs:
Once your goods are packed and ready, you must file paperwork and pay documentation fees to prepare them for export. When this happens, the goods are picked up from the warehouse or factory and taken to a shipping warehouse, where they are consolidated into shipping containers.