What is Full Truckload?
Also referred to as FTL, full truckload is a mode of shipping, where a truck carries one dedicated shipment from one point to another. In an FTL shipment, the ‘journey’ is dedicated to one specific transaction, without any detours along the way.
What are some advantages of shipping Full Truckload?
- It’s the best way to transport large shipments
- Full Truckload loads tend to be more cost-effective
- FTL has less size and weight restrictions
- They are much faster than consolidated or less-than-truckload shipments
- No other pick-ups or drop-offs
- Less handling - transfer between trucks mid-transit
- The shipment stays in the same mode of transport during its entire journey
- The shipment is less likely to be lost or damaged as it has a dedicated truck and driver/handler
What FTL services does Freight Right offer?
Freight Right offers varying services for Full Truckload. Some of them are:
- Truckload brokerage services
- Dry van
- Refrigerated trucks
- Overweight and oversized load
- The transport or utilization of specialty equipment